Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Everyone believes that the main aim in life is to follow a plan. They never ask if that plan is theirs or if it was created by another person.

These past few days, I've been trying/looking at some ways of making money online. Yeah, monetizing my weblog would be the most obvious choice, but as I've found out how to monetize isn't a real walk in the park. For one I somehow have to advertise my blog somewhere so establish 'net traffic here, and I have to update with things I want to discuss/rant/talk about. The last part I can do.

A friend of mine has made her own weblog and is currently making money out of it, and she gave tips on how to monetize blogs. I've tried doing what my friend did: getting a free webhost and domain name, and trying to customize my domain. Turns out the second part is a weeee bit more difficult, at least for me who hasn't really got any experience with tweaking web pages and stuff.

For some reason the ftp server (I'm using Filezilla and just following instructions to the letter) of the webhost I registered in keeps kicking me out when I've only got around 25% to go. I'm trying to use WordPress (I've heard a lot of positive things about it, so might as well try it), but since I'm being kicked by the ftp server by the rear for reasons that I can't comprehend, I'm starting to realize that maybe getting a webpage and tweaking it may be well over my head.

Or maybe I'm just being too complicated to myself.

Don't get me wrong; that option is still open to me, but I think this Blogger would suffice for now. I can still post interesting stuff with not much frills, but hey, there's something about its simplicity. Sometimes I even forget that that was my reason I made this blog.

Less is more.

No comments:

Post a Comment