Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

[Tech RDX] "Old Technology" is Relative

Here I am, typing this entry on an Asus Eee PC 4G that was released in 2007. Wow! My trusty ol' netbook is five years old, and the mentality of most is that the turnover rate for technology is like, every two years.

Some people would call my netbook "totally obsolete" by today's standards. But it doesn't mean its usefulness is gone too. As you can see, I use this small netbook as my mobile blogging machine when I'm away from home, and the compact size makes it very very portable.

Though I dream of the day that I want to have a better notebook computer, I make do of what I have right now. And right now, I'm content with my Eee PC 701.

But, what if, say you were hurled back into the past? I'm not talking the recent past. Distant past. And the only thing you got was your trusty, obsolete notebook in your era's time? Folks from the Dell Corporate Blog illustrated what might have happened when you bring "obsolete" tech into the past.

That'll put things into another perspective on the way you treat your old tech stuff.

The Rosetta Stone of Computer History 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment