Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

[Diablo III] More Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Screenshots

Stilleto heels are a must when killing undead and demons. Not to mention fashionable, even if you get killed.
It's a bright warm Sunday today, and after last night's excursion in the depths of the Cathedral of Tristram, I and a friend decided we create a new set of characters to defeat the Lich King. I mean, King Leoric (dang you Arthas!).

Prehistoric Jedi dual-wielder.
As before, I decided to go with a Monk, while my friend changed from Wizard to Barbarian. If you're asking why I chose another physical attacker: I'm not really a magic-user person. Period. I've got nothing against mages, sorcerers/esses, enchanters/ress, you name them.

Family reunions are overkill. Really.
Working overtime level: nightmarish
As we strolled down the cursed soil of Tristram once more, and a bit of power grinding up to a more decent level (around level 8 or 9), we decided that we pay a visit back to Leoric. Heck, after all, he DID kill me twice when I was using my low level Demon Hunter. Yeah, my fault for speed-running the game.

Leoric: DON'T TOUCH SANDVICH!!
"HULK SMASH! HULK SMASH! HULK....RUH OH...."
As you can see, Leoric holds a huge mace. How huge? The mace head is as big as a human's noggin' and it's as long as Leoric's legs. I've heard about royal scepters, but this ridiculous.

This bag of bones does several things: he can summon skeletal minions (an obvious skill for being the Skeleton King), teleport, and swing his axe like a madman that he was when he was still living. When he does his monkey-swinging, STAY AWAY AS FAR AS POSSIBLE. Really. Hits you hard, takes out a huge chunk of health.

After a lengthy battle with him, and thankfully not dying, we finally defeated him. Again. Too bad we couldn't do a dance on top of his freakin' corpse. Or bones. Or...whatever.

Today's menu consist of soup bones and chicken feet. No specials.
"Unless it happens during elections, lady."
So what else is new in Diablo 3? Well, as I've found out, the items in the personal stash can be accessed by your different characters. So if you were like able to loot some good items for one class that you have, simply put that item in your stash, change character, and voila. Also, quest progression is connected as well with your other characters, or so I think. Followers, such as Kormac, will not join you if you are in a party. Shame. Seems the hireling system has been overhauled.

No comments:

Post a Comment