Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

[Around the Web] Otakultura!

 
Yes, I'm going to admit: I live a double life. Well, in blogging that is.

Sure The Pilgrimage of the AgChemist is my personal blog, and I will continue to post and write here. After all, this IS my internet home, so to speak. Not Facebook. No, that's just like my hub connecting to other people and such.

In any case, I've been writing to a blog named Otakultura!, a site managed by my friends dedicated to everything much around Japanese-related entertainment: be it anime, the live action super sentai groups/tokusatsus and whatnot, JRPGs, cosplays and conventions, and so much more. They also talk about some Western games and topics, but their forte is mostly Japan-related stuff.

So what does that have to do with me? Well, it all started when I did a not-so-much extensive personal insight of Diablo III then. During this time Otk's admin (also a friend of mine) contacted me, because among the circle of friends that we have in common, I was one of the first to get the feel of the game, so to speak. Not to mention give a review about it, and was having fun (despite that the Diablo III beta can be finished in two hours or less).

At first I was a bit hesistant; after all, my list of Japanese-entertainment is very limited compared to my friends who are working on Otk-related material. But Otk's admin said he needed my 'expertise' on the field of the Diablo series, and said that any written material that I do for Otakultura! is acknowledged to me.

Intellectual property-wise, seems fair enough.

After accepting the offer, he asked me where my field of action would be. I've decided to narrow it down to just Blizzard-related games, Ubisoft (particularly the Assassin's Creed series) and games on the Nintendo 3DS (I have to check with them if I said about this one). As of now I still consider myself as 'guest writer' for them, until I suppose I get to post a whole lot more to contribute. Currently I have two articles up, both related to Diablo III (see here and here).

So for those who want to know Otakultura, head here to read how the team and site was conceived. They also have a Facebook page, and they can be also found at Twitter.

And yeah, the picture below is their current banner for their FB page. Their mascot (above) is Andoy, probably an inspiration from Andres Bonifacio.   


No comments:

Post a Comment