Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

[Diablo III] Sanctuary, your hero has returned.

Menacing, no? 
I've been out of town these past few days (work-related, but hey, I did have fun), so I wasn't with those fanatical fools people who pre-ordered the game and such. Not to mention the fiasco of the Battle.net servers crashing due to the high amount of traffic they got (Blizzard never learned, have they? I guess the previous numbers were just the icing on the cake). And yeah, those idiotic Koreans finishing the game in 6 hours. F%^&*(#&*(ng rushers.

But heck, that doesn't dampen my craving for Diablo III. I've waited 12 years for this to come out, and finally know what happened to Sanctuary. 

And my demon hunter awaits.
So around last night I was finally able to load my retail copy into my DVD drive, and let Blizzard's magic happen. The usual activation code, the friendly reminders and such, and after under an hour of waiting....oh yeah, I really dig that guitar piece during the installation process; it was very, very nostalgic, I was finally greeted by this:

Hahahahahahahaha.
I logged in, watched the opening cinematics, and all that stuff I've done during the beta. Good fortune was on my side last night as a high school friend of mine (who's now in Raleigh, North Carolina for his PhD degree) was online, and we played coop. And after two hours or so, my character has reached this status.

Tattered sigils FTW. And yes, dual crossbows = double the badass-ery.
 Good times are back, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment